PEACE-MAKER or PEACE-BREAKER?
by Kathleen Whitten
You can bring peace, kindness and truth to others – a PEACE-MAKER. Or you can choose to be a provoker of strife, controversy, judgments and divisiveness – a PEACE-BREAKER
Ask yourself, as a whole, are your words and actions cutting, caustic and critical or loving, encouraging and helpful?
Thankful to have heat in my car during ONE cold winter morning, I turned it up full blast and rubbed my hands together. Strange. Even after giving it ten or fifteen minutes, frigid air was blowing from my vents
Miserable and frustrated, after another five minutes I glanced at the dashboard and saw that the heat button was on high but the air was just now beginning to turn lukewarm at best. The darn car
Almost at my destination, on closer inspection, it became obvious that, yes my heater was on, but so was my air-conditioning. No wonder things weren’t working right.
James 1:8 says that, “a double minded man is unstable in all his ways.”
In other words, you can’t blow out hot air and A/C on a frigid day and expect to be warm and comfortable
Just like you can’t be a PEACE-MAKER and a PEACE-BREAKER and expect there to be peace and love in your life. You will only bring confusion and instability and lack of peace to yourself and others.
To be effective for the Kingdom of God, Ephesians 5:1 states that we are to be imitators of Christ. Isaiah 9:6 declares the Messiah, “The Prince of Peace.”
Only peacemakers are imitators of God. “Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.” (Matthew 5:9)
What can I do today to be a Peace-Maker? In conversations with yourself and others:
1. Respond thoughtfully, not just with the first thing that comes to your head.
2. Leave every person better than you found him/her
3. Watch who hang around with. Make friends with Peace-makers and limit your time with Peace-Breakers.
4. Remember “A Kingdom divided will not stand.” (1Kings 12:16; Matthew 12:25; Mark 3:24) – A/C and heat on together do not work.
5. If you live with a Peace-breaker determine in your heart that you will not change to be more like them. Determine that you will be more like God. Surround yourself with people who also strive to be Peace-makers. And God help you. I mean it. Seek a counselor or life coach who can help you past the confusion and strife created by that person.
6. Make this Scripture your motto: “Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my Strength, and my Redeemer.” (Psalm 19:14 King James Version)
"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." (Matthew 5:9)
Do you need a dose of inspiration? Check out Kathleen's BLOG at this link.
Do you enjoy reading these email meditations? Please search your heart for others in your life who your think may enjoy receiving them too. We encourage you to forward this page to anyone who you feel needs to hear the Good News of Jesus Christ.
If you would like to receive these weekly meditations by email, please take this link.
We thank you for your support of kwm! We are a non-profit organization that relies on your donations, referrals and prayers! Thank you for your support and for sharing this Good News with others in your life. Perhaps God
has already used kathleen’s powerful messages to help you or
those you love, then GIVE TO GIVE by joining us in helping to
bring her messages
to others! Your support of kwm enables us to offer all of kathleen's messages
(audio and written) for FREE, reaching those who are financially
challenged who would not recieve God's word any other way.
Becoming a financial partner with kathleen
whitten ministries means that, together, we can offer all
the ministry has to bring God's healing and hope to a hurting world.
Jesus said, "Freely you have recieved, freely give." Matthew 10:8b LivingJesus.us